ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
We ask that everyone applying to Sortable complete a challenge. They’re designed to give you an idea of what kind of problems you’ll be tackling on a daily basis, and gives us an opportunity to see you shine. Find your challenge by role below.
WHAT WE DO
At Sortable, we’re a team of smart people solving hard problems.
We use machine learning and other technologies to constantly refine Sortable’s Ad Optimization Engine. Our mission is to help publishers optimize their ad performance. And we care because we’re also publishers ourselves—Sortable has created 20 popular websites and apps that have enabled over 500 million people find the right product for them.
At Sortable, we work in a collaborative team environment with minimal bureaucracy. We value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and learning from your mistakes.
Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
"Things you won't find at Sortable: uptight bosses, jerk coworkers, boring lunch discussions and friendly llamas. 3 out of 4 ain't bad."Colin, Software Engineer
I sought out Sortable because I needed a challenge and an opportunity for consistent growth - and I got exactly that. The learning curve is more like a mountain. I'm challenged by my peers every single day to think smarter.Marina, Ad Ops Specialist
"Sometimes we act like grown-ups."Steven, Software Engineer
"A friendly, talented team using interesting technology to solve challenging problems."Mark, Software Engineer
"There are those who turn ideas into successful businesses and there are those who don’t. We know which of the two we are."Patrick, Operations Associate
"At Sortable we are attracted to fixing broken problems. We want to fix things to help people and make a profit. Right now the market has many problems that need fixing. We have lots of work to do. We want smart, fun and motivated people to help us."Daniel, Head of Ad Ops
"Smart people solving hard problems."Chris, CEO
Sortable's an exciting team - we're growing rapidly in an evolving industry and every team member plays a direct role in our success. If you want fast-paced autonomy and high-impact, Sortable is where you'll find it."Cory, Ad Ops Specialist
"Working out of a former sushi restaurant with a bunch of really smart, really nice people is pretty fun. Oh, and on Wednesdays we wear pink."Kelly, Digital Marketer
"A friendly team that's always willing to discuss new ideas or help you learn a new skill."Shawn, Software Enginer
Sortable’s sushi restaurant-turned-office is located in downtown Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. And we’re not your typical workplace.
Catered Lunches: We bring in team meals so you can chat work, the ultimate question of life (42), the universe, and more.
Health Benefits: Great benefits coverage keeps you and your family happy and healthy.
Stock Options: Share in the success of Sortable when you invest in the fastest growing startup around.
Vacations: We offer generous vacation, and we encourage you to use it.
Flexible Hours: Everyone works best at different times of the day. While we have core hours, you pick the hours that work for you.
Competitive Salary: Strong compensation packages means you work with the brightest minds.
Cocktail Friday: Our team takes turns mixing up interesting cocktails each week.
Play Together: Games night. Sailing. A weekend at the cottage. There are lots of opportunities to hang with the team outside of work.
Explosive Growth: Our company is profitable and growing 40% month over month.
Community Engagement: We’re passionate about the local community and support the causes our team members champion.
And More: Free parking for both your car and bike, free snacks, and a stocked fridge (just to name a few).
Sortable is located in Waterloo Region, a thriving tech and innovation hub in Ontario, Canada. Thinking of relocating? You should, because:
- 1,000+ tech companies call the region home, including Google, Square, Vidyard, Kik, Aeryon, Shopify, and Thalmic Labs. It’s also home to the University of Waterloo, recognized as the best engineering school in the world.
- You’re minutes away from farmer’s markets, natural gorges and the countryside. Love city living? Enjoy shopping, dining and more in the vibrant commercial core. Plus, Toronto is just a 90-minute drive away.
- Owning a home is within your reach. The average price is $420,000 for a house and $240,000 for a condo.
- Your money goes even further. The cost of living in Waterloo is $2,300 per month compared to $5,800 in San Francisco (CA), $3,500 in Vancouver (BC) and $3,300 in Toronto (ON).
- Healthy transportation options abound. A new Light Rail Transit (LRT) system, a network of cycling trails make an average commute time of 21 minutes—one of the shortest commute times in the country.
- A great place to raise a family. Experience excellent schools, health care and support.