With the introduction of the term social, or physical, distancing, we’re all getting a little bit more familiar with the inside of our homes. Some of us may be a bit newer to working from home (WFH), and some of us may be stay-at-home veterans! But most of us are new to experiencing life without commutes, no spending time with friends or at the gym—so what can we do instead? We’re all getting a bit strapped for ideas, but as always, the internet is a great resource. Our team has compiled a list of things you may not have tried yet in an effort to occupy some time:
- Start making your own music – Looperman is an audio resource for music lovers and musicians. They offer loops, acapella arrangements, and software to create your own music. Connect with the music community through their online forum.
- Binge-watch anime – Are you already a fan of anime? Or someone looking to see what all the fuss is about? MyAnimeList is the largest anime and manga database that connects you with anime lovers.
- Check what the future has in store for you – Make your daily horoscope part of your routine. Learn what to expect for the day, week or month. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could also examine the cosmic compatibility with your partner, friend, and sibling. Parents — this could be great fun for kids, too!
- Have a virtual tarot card reading – Discover what the future has in store for you with a tarot reading. You could also download a free birth chart to learn how the planets were aligned when you were born and how that has shaped your life, or try a free numerology forecast to see how your personal numbers will impact your life.
- Learn how to improve your WFH life with workingfromhomeforum.com – Join a community dedicated to those of us who work from home. You can participate in discussions to learn tips and tricks on how to make yourself more productive, avoid distractions and maximize your overall experience away from the office.
- Keep in touch with friends and family – Get a real phone number and start calling & texting – for free with TextNow. TextNow’s purpose is to help people by creating new ways for them to connect using technology that is free, or as close to free, as possible. Though we might be physically distancing right now, staying in touch is easy with TextNow.
- Meet new people (safely!) on curiouscat.me – Ask a question, give a response, and connect with individuals around the world. CuriousCat is an anonymous Q&A social networking site with millions of users from all over the world.
- Explore your local flora – Spring is well and truly underway, and there are flowers springing up everywhere. Have you ever wondered what they all mean? Flowermeaning.com has the answers! From local flowers to the exotic, this beautiful site lets you take a stroll through their virtual garden—maybe you’ll get some ideas about this year’s garden plot? Take a look and see.
- Be a virtual tourist with thecrazytourist.com – Missing your hometown or daydreaming about your next trip? Look at photos and discover things to do at your destination of choice.
Whether you’ve been working from home and practicing physical distancing for a week or a month, we’re all looking for fresh things to occupy our minds! Feel free to tag us on social media, and if you have more great finds, we want you to tell us!. We’re all in this together, folks. So, thank you for doing your part to #FlattenTheCurve!